SAVE-THE-DATES: Volunteer Opportunities along the Saw Mill River & OCA Trail 2011/2012
- Saturday, 10/15/11: Aquefest 10am-2pm
Help us celebrate the historic Old Croton Aqueduct Trail in Yonkers between La Martine and Walnut St. We could use help with facepainting, making flags and instruments with kids, setting up, and breaking down.
Groundwork is helping organize this annual event with the Friends of the OCA Trail and we have a lot in store (music, food, AND FUN!).
- Saturday, 10/22/11: Vine-Cutting Kick-Off: 10am-1pm-Farragut Avenue Restoration Site* Come kick-off the vine-cutting season! As always, we will bring warm drinks and snacks to energize you. We always provide tools along with project background and safety training.Plans are in the works to with our newly formed Invasive Vine Task Force to expand the initiative, but the volunteer vine-cutters will remain the heart of the program, as it they have been for the past 5 years!
- Sunday 11/20/11: Free-A-Tree Vine-Cutting: 10am-1pm-Farragut Ave.
- Friday 12/9/11: Groundwork Fundraising Gala
- Sunday 1/15/12: Free-A-Tree Vine-Cutting 10am-1pm
- Saturday 2/11/12: Free-A-Tree Vine-Cutting
- Saturday 3/17/12: Free-A-Tree Vine-Cutting
- Sunday, 4/22/12: Free-A-Tree Vine-Cutting
- Saturday, 5/12/12: 3rd Annual Great Saw Mill River Clean-Up!
Directions to Farragut Ave. Restoration Site:
From Saw Mill River Parkway going NORTH, take exit 13, Farragut Avenue. Make immediate right into parking lot.
From Saw Mill River Parkway going SOUTH, take exit 11, Tompkins Avenue-go left to Saw Mill River Road, turn left. Turn left at Farragut Ave., then turn left into the parking lot.
We will meet on the South County Trailway, a two minute walk north of the parking lot.
* All Vine-Cuttings will take place at the same place and same time unless otherwise noted. We would love to expand our reach. Let us know if you are interested in organizing your own vine-cutting or clean-up in your community! *
Contact Emily at 914-375-2151 with any questions.
Hope to see you out on our local rivers and trails!